Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Underrated Books

Hi there!
Back again with a Top 5 Wednesday and this week's topic is 'Favorite Underrated Books' - my time to shine! I'm in love with a lot of books which don't get enough love from the public. So now I'm here to show you some of my favorite beautiful babies!

1. Starcrossed Series by Josephine Angelini

Seriously, why is nobody talking about this series? It's so amazing and to me it's one of the best YA fantasy trilogies. It contains round and dynamic characters, it is based on Greek mythology and contains lots of romance and fantasy - it has everything you need concerning YA Fantasy.
I'll give you a quick summary:
Helen is a not-so-usual 16-year old girl living in Nantucket and lately, she's been having strange dreams. Then suddenly, there is a new boy at school and her first instinct? To claw his eyes out. She doesn't know where this uncontrollable rage comes from and neither does Lucas, the new boy.
I won't give you more, because you have to find out for yourself what is going on. I'll be re-reading them soon since I bought them a few weeks ago. After that I'll give you guys a thorough review for each book. I hope you're as excited for that as I am.



2. Georgina Kincaid Series by Richelle Mead

I think I haven't heard as much of these because they're not YA Fantasy but Adult Fantasy. It's a 6-book series about Georgina Kincaid, a succubus who actually doesn't want to be one - she just wants to be human, find love and live life to the fullest. She can't have that but then she meets Seth, a human man. With that, the story rolls into amazing-ness.
The most amazing parts are, and that is classic for Miss Mead, the characters. They're round, have their flaws and edges. They're dynamic and develop and grow and it's amazing to read that process.
I read all 6 books in one single night. Without knowing what I'm getting myself into, I started reading the first book at about 8pm in the evening. My journey ended the next day at 12am without a pause. My lightbulb blew up because it had been running that long. THAT'S HOW GOOD THE BOOKS WERE. I can only recommend it to everyone, even if you're not into Adult Fantasy, because it doesn't feel like that at all.


3. The Darkest Powers Series by Kelley Armstrong

This is a series I read around the same time that I've also read The Mortal Instruments and Vampire Academy. I would put it in the same category as those two.
The trilogy is about young Chloe Saunders who suddenly sees ghosts and is put into a group home for teenagers with mental illnesses. It turns out that this group home is not what it seems.
I love this series a lot and only a few months ago I re-read it. I still loved it as much as when I was younger. The best part about it are the characters and the romance (even though that is not the main focus, but I just love the romance plot). So if you're the romantic type and still love a good fantasy story, this one is for you!


4. The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison

The Hollows is a fantasy series consisting of thirteen novels. (13!!!) It tells about Rachel Morgan, a witch bounty hunter who tries to keep her city save from rogue vampires and other otherworldly creatures (Fairies, elfs, trolls, demons....).
This one is one of my favorites because it's so cool. Lots of sarcasm, interesting plot and Rachel Morgan is just the coolest witch ever. I would say the series cannot only be put into the genre of fantasy but it also contains elements of crime or detective novels, since Rachel is a bounty hunter/detective for otherworldly crimes.
It is considered as Adult Fantasy, but well, it's really cool, fun and very interesting.


5. Every Day by David Levithan

I think this was the first novel I read by Levithan and I really loved it. It was so different from what I usually read concerning contemporary, because it contains fantasy elements.
'A' wakes up in a different body and life every day. But 'A' is still in love with the same girl every day. And every day, 'A' wants to be with her. Since 'A' woke up in Justin's body and saw his girlfriend Rhiannon, 'A' has been in love.
That, to me, sounded so very intriguing and back then I had to read it (and I did). It is a beautiful love story and it's not just a boy+girl thing, since 'A' doesn't really have a gender. That is something the story explores really well and I encourage anyone who likes fantasy and contemporary to have a look at this book.




That's it from me. About some of these books I'll be talking a bit more in the future, because I want them to get more attention than they currently do. Anyway, I wish you all a very nice day and I thank you a lot for reading my thoughts ♥

xoxo
Lisa

Kommentare